Maison Studios is founded on a principle once described by William Morris, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." They work to improve the quality of life by creating comfortable, functional and efficient interiors that develop into beautiful backdrops for the lives of their clients. With their technical approach and attention to detail, they work in collaboration with their clients to create spaces that satisfy both the client’s practical and aesthetic needs.
After Allison and Anne Scott graduated with Bachelor’s of Science degrees from Auburn University’s top ranked interior design program, they went on to work in both commercial and high-end residential interior design firms. With a combined 12 years of experience in commercial and residential interiors, their knowledge, organized design process, and practical approach ensures the best outcome for their projects. Working under the idea that “two heads are better than one” has been an asset to them throughout their 5 years of working together, and especially after establishing their design firm. Their teamwork and ability to work well with architects, builders, vendors and installers on various projects ensures that each project is well thought out from start to finish and no detail is left unaccounted for.
Founded in 2016, Maison Studios has worked on residential and commercial projects locally and nationwide and is a part of the Coastal Living/Southern Living Designer Network. Their design style evolves with the clients’ personality and desires - whether they want a classic, neutral interior or a bold, modern space, Maison Studios has done it all. Allison and Anne Scott enjoy working together with their clients to develop interiors that reflect the clients’ tastes and lifestyle while sticking to their practical, timeless, and refined style. That openness allows the client to create a space where they will truly feel at home for years to come.
MEET THE TEAM.
ALLISON SMITH // PRINCIPAL DESIGNER
- FAVORITE PLACES // Charleston, Cashiers, Auburn
- CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT // candles, books, champagne, cheese
- LOVES // Scout (my son), antiquing, patterned fabrics, discovering new recipes
- FUN FACTS // needlepoints, favorite color is peach, amateur handy-woman
- MOVIES // The Holiday, Pride & Prejudice, Christmas Vacation
- MUSIC // Alison Krauss, Taylor Swift, any early 90's country
- DESIGN INFLUENCES // Furlow Gatewood, Rita Konig, Steven Gambrel
- RESTAURANTS // Collage Restaurant, George's at Alys, Acre
DESIGN PHILOSOPHY // Ultimately, we are responsible for creating a home for our clients. This goes beyond aesthetics to a feeling our clients get in the spaces we design. The most important aspect of making a house a home is taking comfort and function into consideration before beauty. I like to engage all the senses and create a layered, gathered look to make the space feel personal.
ANNE SCOTT SHELLEY // PRINCIPAL DESIGNER
- FAVORITE PLACES // Auburn, Carmel-by-the-sea, New York City
- CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT // Target, my faith, coffee, my pillow, Chapstick
- LOVES // nail polish, college football (War Eagle!), Bravo, traveling
- FUN FACTS // rarely finishes a book, dog person, laughs at almost anything
- MOVIES // You’ve Got Mail, The Sandlot, Forrest Gump, Father of the Bride
- MUSIC // Van Morrison, Sturgill Simpson, Adele, The Lumineers, James Taylor
- DESIGN INFLUENCES // Charlotte Moss, McAlpine, Katie Ridder, Gil Shafer
- RESTAURANTS // The Admiral, JCT Kitchen, John's of Bleecker, Arnold's
DESIGN PHILOSOPHY // My design philosophy is the same as my philosophy on life - don’t take it too seriously. For me, a home has to have a bit of personality and sense of humor to feel inviting. There’s nothing worse than walking into a home and being too scared to touch anything. Interiors should be beautiful, not intimidating, so have a little fun with it.